With Shakespeare’s Birthday approaching us on April 23, 2020, we have a perfect opportunity to celebrate his day while quarantining and/or social distancing. Below you will find ways to safely celebrate Shakespeare’s 456th Birthday.
- You could read your favorite Shakespeare play (Some of my favorites include The Merchant of Venice, Romeo and Juliet, The Tempest, Macbeth, and Two Gentlemen of Verona.)
2. You could watch a movie adaption of one of his plays. (Romeo and Juliet as well as Macbeth have been adapted many times.)
3. Write Shakespeare a sonnet.
4. You could read some of Shakespeare’s sonnets. (Some of my favorites include V, IV, XVI, VIII, LX, CXV, and CLIV.)
5. You could bake Shakespeare a birthday cake.
6. If you are extra crafty, or bored, you could build your own Globe Theater.
7. Throw Shakespeare a birthday party!
8. Act out a scene with family.
9. Read a Shakespearean retelling. (You could read a comedic version or a more modern version of a classic story.)
10. Cook a Shakespearean themed meal.
And for more fun, read my letter to Shakespeare for his birthday last year!