By: Madison Bowden
DC comics fans, this is the article for you! If you are currently watching a couple of your favorite comic book superheroes on the CW, then you may know of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. On December 8, The Crisis will premier on the CW. This crossover will be the biggest crossover in the Arrowverse yet.
The CW is a network comprised of many fan favorites, including Nancy Drew, Riverdale, Supernatural, The 100, Charmed, Lucifer, and many more. Most importantly, it is the streaming service for The Flash (portrayed by Grant Gustin) , Arrow (Stephen Amell), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist), Black Lighting (Cress Williams), Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman (Ruby Rose). All of the main characters in each of these shows will play a major part in the Crisis.
Facts About Crisis on Infinite Earths
- In November, it was announced that Brandon Ruth will reprise his role as Superman, along with Tyler Hoechlin
- This year, the legendary Black Lightning will join the Arrowverse in stopping the Crisis.
- Lucifer from CW’s Lucifer was spotted on the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover set, so hopefully he will have an awesome role!
- Marv Wolfman, the creator of Crisis on Infinite Earths might make an appearance during the Crisis!
- If you watch the Flash, you know of Barry’s constant struggle with the day he is supposed to disappear. The original date of his disappearance was in 2024. Now, after Nora “flashed” to the past to meet her father, the date for the Flash’s disappearance is set for December 10, 2019. This is the date of the Flash’s episode of the Crisis. Scary!
- During the first episode of season 6 on the Flash, the Monitor, Mar Novu (LaMonica Garrett), came to Barry in his time vault. The Monitor stated “In order for billions to survive this crisis, the Flash must die.”
- Comic fans will recognize these names – Harbinger and Pariah. They will both be major assets to the Monitor. Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson) was turned into Harbinger by the Monitor, and the same happened to Nash Wells (Tom Cavanagh) – he turned into Pariah.
“I think the writers are often very protective of what’s going to happen because they don’t want it to leak out. So even with me, they’d just sort of hint or be like “Oh, you know, this next part is leading to this and this.” So for me it was revealed sort of over time, slowly. And it was great! I was really thrilled about it because it was so different from anything I’ve ever done on the show (Arrow). – Audrey Marie Anderson’s interview with CBR. (Vinney “Arrow’s Audrey Marie Anderson”)
- Stargirl, a new television series that will be streaming on the CW and DC Universe streaming services, will make her debut in Crisis on Infinite Earths!
- Kingdom Come Superman and Batman will make an appearance in the Crisis, as well as Tom Welling, who was Clark in Smallville!
“That was one of the coolest things that I’ve gotten to do in my life, just seeing [Brandon Routh] walk out in the costume.” – Hartley Sawyer (Elongated Man)
- Arrowverse’s Jon Cryer will be Lex Luther in Crisis. He played Lex in CW’s Supergirl and had a big role in Supergirl’s season 4.
- As some comic fans may know, CW’s Arrow is leaving us with 10 episodes in season 8. Stephen Amell portrays the Green Arrow (Oliver Queen). Arrow’s last episode is on January 28, 2020. This is right after Crisis on Infinite Earth ends. Oliver Queen is set to die in the Crisis.
- Oliver and Barry have been the best of friends inside and outside of the Multiverse. It will be very emotional to see Oliver die in front of Barry’s eyes.
“I just wrapped my last day working with Grant. I’ve learned so much for him over the last 7 years. Always felt like Barry brought the best out in Oliver. If Arrow lit the spark, Flash fanned the flame. Also… I fell asleep during our last scene. Thank you, Mr. Gustin.” -Stephen Amell
Crisis on Infinite Earth’s Schedule
Sunday December 8th – Supergirl @ 8/7c
Monday December 9th – Batwoman @ 8/7c
Tuesday December 10th – The Flash @ 8/7c
Tuesday January 14th – Arrow & Legends of Tomorrow starting @ 8/7c
Grunenwald, Joe “The CW reveals the first look at Tom Cavanagh as Pariah in Crisis On Infinite Earths” Thr Beat, about two months ago.
Vinney, Cynthia “Arrow’s Audrey Marie Anderson on becoming Harbinger & Saying Goodbye” CBR Exclusives, CBR.com, 03 Dec, 2019
Madison Bowden is a freshmen contributing writer for The Warrior Word